Student Dress Code
The purpose of a dress code is not to inhibit any person's taste
in attire, but rather to better facilitate the process of education
through reasonable guidelines of "dress." Instilling dignity,
pride, modesty, and cleanliness are our goals.
The principal has the authority to determine appropriate
Violation of Dress Code is deemed inappropriate school behavior
and is a Level One Offense in the Code of Conduct - #18.
The following acceptable clothing standards shall apply:
1. Pants, trousers, jeans, capris, etc. are permitted. Plain
jeans may be worn in any color.
2. All pants, trousers, jeans, capris, etc. must be worn at the
waist. Belts shall be worn securely at the waist.
3. Shorts, skirts, and dresses shall measure no shorter than
three (3) inches from mid-kneecap.
4. Shirts shall have a sleeve and shall fit properly. Shirts
that do not fit properly shall be worn tucked in.
1. See-through or mesh clothing
2. Garments that expose the midriff and/or cleavage.
3. Halter tops, tank tops, and sleeveless shirts.
4. Tennis, gym, biking, short shorts, leggings, lounging pants,
5. Garments that expose underclothing or impede walking
6. Garments that are poorly fitted, oversized, excessively
tight, or extremely baggy.
7. Holes and/or frays in fabric.
8. Hats, visors, hoods, or other head garments including
non-prescription sunglasses inside the school building.
9. Cleats, and/or heelies inside any school building; bedroom
slippers, and/or novelty footwear deemed inappropriate by the
10. Garments which display emblems relating to abusive
substances, tobacco products, alcohol, sex, violence, or
11. Garments that might be considered socially unacceptable or
12. Any emblem, sign, or representation of a gang symbol, or any
garment indicating a gang affiliation.
Dress Code Clarifications:
Tights / Leggings: Shirts over tights and leggings must be
mid-thigh all the way around, front and back
Holes in clothing: any holes in clothing above the knee
must be covered with tights / shorts - no flesh
Hats / Hoodies: No hats or hoodies may be worn in the
building, including hallways
Sagging pants: no sagging, including
Warnings will be issued
first, then office referrals.