Friday, April 28, 2017
Friday, April 28th, 2017
VRHS Daily Announcements
Friday, April 28, 2017:
· 9th Grade Literature EOC
· Varsity Baseball Play-offs vs. Arabia Mountain – AWAY – Game time 2:00pm and 4:00pm
1. All students taking an EOC test will need to report to the gym at 8:20 AM on the day of testing.
2. Students may not have smart watches during testing. They will have to be taken up just like cell phones.
3. Students may bring a mouse to use with the chrome books.
There will be a meeting after school Monday May 1st for any girls interested in trying out for the girls’ basketball team. The meeting will begin at 3:45 followed by open gym until 4:45.
Clubs & Fine Arts:
There will be a MANDATORY SGA meeting for all next year's officers and representatives on Friday, May 5th at 7:30am in Mrs. Tidaback's room 106.
The Drama Department is performing "Godspell the Musical" on Friday, May 5th at 7:00PM, Saturday May 6th at 2:00PM & 7:00PM, & Sunday, May 7th at 2:00PM! Tickets can be bought online ahead of time or purchased at the door starting 30 minutes prior to showtime (cash & check only at the door!) Tickets are $7 for students/seniors & $10 for adults! Use this website to order tickets:
FCCLA & FBLA invite you to participate in the 2017 Miss Villa Rica Pageant on Saturday, May 6, 2017 in the Gym. Pick up applications from the front office, Rooms 500, 502, 808, or 811. Application deadline: Friday, April 28th.
Don't miss your chance to order a 2017 Yearbook! There are a limited number of yearbooks left for purchase. The price is currently $85. Order forms can be found outside Room 500 or online. See Mrs. Moses if you have any questions.
The Key Club is collecting Coke plastic bottle caps for St. Jude Children’s Hospital. You can drop your bottle caps into the designated bags in classrooms and the media center.
VRHS Art students will have items on display at “Uncorked on Main” downtown until April 27th.
There will be an Art Club Meeting this Friday after school.
If you are a senior member of the Spanish Honor Society and would like to purchase cords for graduation, please see Ms. Parrett in room 503 by Monday, May 1st. The cost is 15 dollars.
A $20 late fee will be now applied to Senior Dues payments.
Attention Class of 2017:
The yearbook staff is ready to start working on the Senior Video. If you want pictures included, please e-mail them to email@example.com. Make sure you put Senior Video in the Subject line!
Senior Jerseys for Class of 2018 are now on sale. Priced: starting at $65. Turn in order form and exact money owed into Ms. Tidaback (room 106) no later than May 6, 2017 by 3:30 pm.
Interested in Foreign Travel opportunities?
Go to the VRHS website to check out foreign travel opportunities to Spain, England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales with Mrs. Tidaback. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Tidaback's VRHS International Travel Program:
· Any VRHS students in the classes of 2018 & 2019 interested in traveling to Spain for 12 days during Spring Break 2018- go to http://www.eftours.com/tour-website/1841069SJ
· Any VRHS students in the classes of 2018, 2018, or 2020 interested in going to England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales for 14 days in July 2018 go to http://www.eftours.com/tour-website/1917750PV
A new Bojangle's is opening in Temple. The following jobs are available for students:
1. Jobs for students who have at least 7th period free and can be at work by 3:00. The shift is 3:00-10:30.
2. Jobs available for some students that may not have 7th period free but that would be willing to work Saturday AND Sunday.
Information on how to apply is posted underneath the Work Based Learning link on the VRHS website.
12 for Life will be hiring for the summer. Anyone interested in working at 12 for Life over the summer please turn in completed applications to the guidance office by May 3rd. This is an opportunity to get credits and attend summer school.
The Carroll County College and Career Academy North Broadcast Journalism class is one of 12 national finalists in the 2017 National Youth Safety Video Contest. The final part of the judging includes a social media voting piece that allows people to vote for the best of the 12 videos. You can vote once per device. Use the link below to check out their video entitled "Lab Safety - Priority 1" and help us vote them to a National Championship.
Using the power of 24STRONG we can help them achieve success!!!!!
· May 2- Underclassmen Honors Night
· May 9- Senior Honors Night
· May 15- Freshman Expo
· May 18 - Graduation